Sunday, November 21, 2010

Simply Saturday

First of all, I know I owe a blog post about our trip to Disney. I have just not had the time to sit down for what will undoubtedly be a few hours to write that post, so my apologies (aka MOM get off my back. Love ya mean it!). Or, it is simply a devilish ploy to keep my faithful readers engaged for a few more weeks. You decide; I am up to 10 followers now, watch out I’m headed for the big time now!

Today was a good day. It was one of my favorite kinds of days from the start, because it was a I-don’t-have-to-set-my-alarm day. I woke up three times before I actually got out of bed, each time falling back asleep while I was debating getting out of bed. Sheer bliss! Then it was time to watch my Wolfpack beat up on the Tarheels, and they came through with flying colors. They made me proud! Any day is a good day when UNC loses and it was that much sweeter to watch them lose to my Wolfpack for the 4th year in a row. Although it was a little hard watching the end of the game, because by that point I was at Ashley’s house. Sam was into watching the game, but Susan Claire not so much. I think in the last 5 minutes of the game she called my name 3957 times at about 1 second intervals. If you don’t answer her immediately within a fraction of a second, she repeatedly calls your name until you do, even if you’re looking at her. Needless to say, thank goodness for DVR and being able to rewind. Then we went outside to play some football, basketball, and play in the leaves. Susan Claire wanted me to play a game of duck-duck-goose with her even though I tried to explain to her that it would be tough with just the two of us. But Ashley joined in and when she tagged me to chase her, something strange happened. I started running after her and after about 4 or 5 steps I noticed something felt a little off. My legs just felt a little funny. I took two more strides and thought huh, I’m getting shorter. I am totally about to fall and I have no idea why or how to keep it from happening. So I did the only thing I could think of. I put my arms out Superman style and face-planted into the ground. Hard. Then I sat up and tried to figure out what the hell just happened. Bruised and scraped palms? Check. Grass stains on my jeans? Check. Hole in my favorite NC State shirt? Check (and pissed). Holding back tears out of sheer humiliation that I just bit it while playing duck-duck-goose? Check please.

The evening consisted of a yummy dinner (thanks Ash and Steve!) and then helping Ashley make Sam’s Indian costume for school next week. It was my brilliant idea to put beads on all of the fringe on the tunic; which would have been fine if Ashley had cut them all the same size. I have since lost the feeling in my index finger and thumb on each hand from trying to squeeze beads on the 3 foot wide pieces of fringe. Then I glued the feathers on the wrong side of his headdress. And after sitting on the floor for two hours stringing #%$&*@ beads on #%$&*@ fringe, I could hardly move. I think my injuries from my oh-so-graceful fall are a little more intense than I thought. There isn’t a joint in my entire body that isn’t throbbing at this point.

Come to think of it, this day wasn’t so much good as it was very painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment