Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Mean Motha


Ok, what gives? Was the first day of spring just a joke? I have already put up my winter coat in hopes that I won’t see it again until November, when I’ll pull it out and find a $10 bill that I accidentally left in the pocket. I have already mowed my lawn twice and gotten excited over the smell of fresh cut grass. I have already gone to the baseball field to watch Sam practice and gotten excited at the sound of metal bats . I have already turned my heat off and dusted off my ceiling fans in hopes for a few weeks of a low electric bill. And most importantly, I have already started wearing my Jack Rogers and other fun summer sandals. And now you pull this crap? Temperatures in the flippin' 30s and 40s? I mean come on, we all know that winter is the red-headed stepchild as far as seasons go. Everyone loves summer because it means no school and days at the beach, lake, etc. (and unfortunately some use it as an excuse to wear far too little clothing). Everyone loves spring because it is the first warm weather in months and everyone loves fall because it is a breath of fresh air from the humidity of summer. But no one likes winter. It is too cold, you have to wear too many clothes, and the heating bill is astronomical. The only good thing about winter is the snow, and it never really snows enough to amount to anything. It just gets cold enough to ice a little and screw up everyone’s plans.

So how about this, Mother Nature? Bite me. I may have turned my heat back on but I refuse to get my winter coat back out (fashionable as it may be).  

1 comment:

  1. i can SEE you. *grumble* ...red-headed step child my ass.... *grumble*

    ReplyDelete