
Susan Claire spent the night, it was her turn for a night by herself spending the night with Aunt Kelly. We went by the grocery store to get milk and cinnamon rolls (special request from SC for breakfast), and that was it. Well, we left with two grocery bags full of stuff. I told her I had applesauce at home for her to eat, but she told me we should get some just in case I was wrong. Then, she picked up the "purple" applesauce, assuring me that she loved it even though I told her it was pomegranate flavored and she couldn't even say pomegranate. Regular applesauce, check. Purple applesauce, check. I could see where this was going, and needed to get away from anything brightly colored or else she was going to go through the entire grocery store picking out things based on the colors she liked! Too bad the applesauce is directly across from the cheez-its, and those ended up in the basket too. We got the cinnamon rolls and milk with no problem (she picked out the purple milk too), and I thought we were in the clear. Too bad there were 50 million people in line and SC had oh-so-much candy to look at while we waited. She told me she wanted some M&M's, which were actually Skittles but I could not convince her otherwise. Anyway, our "quick" trip to the grocery store took a little longer than expected. Now that we were done with our shop-by-colors outing (similar to paint-by-numbers only more expensive), we came home, ate dinner (she requested Taco Bell), and spread out her Tinkerbell sleeping bag to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Squeakquel. When it came time for bed, we spread out her sleeping bag right next to my bed. I was particularly excited about this part because this child kicks, punches, slaps, and squirms like no other while she is sleeping. Yeah, the sleeping bag lasted a whole 2 minutes. She slept in the bed with me, and it was a LONG night of waking up when she punched/kicked/slapped me, turning her back around, moving her back onto her side of the bed (I swear I could have moved her to the living room and she still would have rolled back right next to me), fixing the covers, look at the clock, has it really only been 15 minutes?, etc.... Needless to say, I was super tired on Saturday, but it was worth it.
Saturday I went to Mayo Lake for a Gentry BBQ at the Bailey's lake house (it was a BBQ for the Gentry family, not of the Gentry family). I knew about 10% of the people there; my brother-in-law has a really big family. And for someone who has 2 first cousins, anything you can count on two hands is big to me, so his is really big. A good time was had by all, and I went to Hyco that evening for an evening boat ride. Sunday was a low-key day at the lake, but while we were out riding the boat we did have a little excitement. A jet-ski flagged us down, obviously having some trouble. The guy driving was seriously straight off Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and looked about as comfortable on that jet-ski as a ballerina at a roller derby.
QESG: It just keeps beeping, I don't know what's wrong. It won't turn on.
Dad: Are you out of gas?
QESG: I don't know, it's my friend's jet-ski. It just keeps beeping, It won't turn on.
Dad: Ok, well can you look at the gauge and see if it is out of gas? Right there, on the display.
meanwhile, we are circling him and this must have made him uncomfortable, because all he did was keep repeating the same thing over and over.
QESG: It's not my jet-ski, how do you know if it's out of gas? It's my friend's jet-ski. It just keeps beeping.
Dad: why don't you try plugging the lanyard back in, it has to be plugged in for the jet-ski to start.
QESG: plugs it in, jet-ski roars to life. Oh, ok! Guess it isn't out of gas. Thanks! zooooom
Wow. That just happened.
Then a little while later, we are flagged down by a boat that is out of gas, and we tow it to the recreation area so they can load it on their trailer. I keep saying "we", I guess I should say "Dad" since he was the one driving. Dad also washed my car for me on Sunday (thanks Daddy!), and of course it rained today. Hasn't rained in like 2 weeks, but doggone it if my car is sparkly clean and shiny then by all means rain away! Figures.
No comments:
Post a Comment