Well, one thing is for sure. I am not going to make a career out of blogging, because it is obvious from the time since my last post that I am not very diligent about it. But seriously? I’ve been too busy doing nothing to have time to write!
First up – graduation. Cue the marching band, fireworks, and choir singing the Hallelujah Chorus. No more school! No more books! No more having no life because I’m busy with school! Ok so I changed the words a bit. Graduation day was fun, and it was actually kind of a blur because I was so anxious to leave because I had somewhere else to be that night. The only hitch was when they made me take the decorations off of my cap. I mean really? Not only had we been sitting in that room, waiting, and then lining up, and then waiting, for a total of 2 hours before someone said something to me about it… but the homepage to the school’s WEBSITE had a picture of a girl in a graduation cap that said “hi mom!”. My first instinct was to say no way was I taking it off. Instead I simply said (with no attitude at all of course) “well what if I don’t want to take it off?” to which she replied “I am just a messenger but these are the rules” or some B.S. like that, to which I replied “well if they are in fact rules then perhaps they should be distributed to the graduates with the graduation info and perhaps your website shouldn’t advertise decorating graduation caps!” Bleh and hmpf. And then I took off the decorations I’d spent the night before making on my cricut. I really wanted to refuse to take them off, considering how much money and years I had spent for that $@#% degree, and I figured that would mean I couldn’t walk or participate in the ceremony but by golly I would stand up for what I believed! Instead I took off the decorations, but only because my family was sitting out in the audience and I figured they would be pissed if they came all the way to the middle of nowhere to watch random people graduate.
Next up – dance recital. After zooming home as soon as graduation was over, we made it back to town just in time for a huge thunderstorm (complete with hail and pouring rain so hard that Dad had to drive 25 mph, all the while I’m yelling “the suburban can take it! Go go go!”) . Once we made it through the storm I got to the recital just in time for intermission, so I didn’t miss nearly as much as I thought I would. The next few days and the week that followed were pretty emotional, because this was my last recital. I’ve decided not to teach dance anymore; 7 years has been a good run but it was time for things to end. There was a lot of crying, a lot of guilt, and more crying and guilt. Most importantly I had a great last recital with wonderful girls that I will never forget. As Forrest says, that’s all I have to say about that.
In the weeks that followed I found myself in unfamiliar territory. All in the same weekend my two extracurricular activities were finished. Now I just go to work. And then come home. It’s amazing! My house looks nice in the afternoon light. My cats are wondering why I have so much time for them. And when I want to go and do something, whether it be run errands at CVS or grab dinner with a friend, I CAN. And it’s awesome.
So now that things outside of work have calmed down considerably, things at work have been kicked up a notch. I’m going to be doing some new things now and have been training for the last few weeks while trying to keep up with my normal responsibilities. Stress? Check. But I’d rather be so busy I can’t stand it than not have much to do. So I’m managing okay. In the meantime, tomorrow I’m having surgery to have my gallbladder removed. You know, just to up the ante since things are so calm and all. I’ve been seeing doctors and having tests done since January so hopefully after tomorrow I’ll be rid of the pain that’s been bothering me for the last 6 months. It’s a bit unsettling because basically they just ruled other things out, and said there’s a 70-80% chance that it’s my gallbladder. Well that’s all well and good Mr. Doctor-man, but for my Type-A-slightly-controlling-OCD-self, I would prefer 100% guarantees. But apparently I can't get everything that I want, or so I'm told. Here’s hoping I’m not that 20%! Otherwise I’m going to wish I hadn’t done it.
No comments:
Post a Comment