Thursday, March 25, 2010

Patience

And here I was thinking I would have nothing to write about. Turns out my girls are giving me PLENTY to write about.

Yesterday was a pretty good day, considering I worked all day, went to class for 3 hours, and didn't get home until 10:00. I came in the house and say hey to the girls, and headed back to the bedroom to change clothes. Not two minutes later, Gabby comes in, proceeds to the corner of the room, squats, and PEES. On the carpet. IN MY ROOM. Right in front of me. Everything started moving in slow motion at this point. I'm pretty sure my head came off and spun around Regan-style (from The Exorcist). Gabby must have known what was good for her because she took off down the hall while I proceeded to shout every curse word I know (I think I even created some new hybrid ones) while trying to clean the carpet. After taking my aggression out on the carpet, I went looking for Gabby. Miss Priss is sprawled out on the living room floor looking fat and happy, squinting her eyes at me all sweet-like. Oh no, that's not going to work honey. That's when I realized she needs a middle name, because this type of behavior deserves first and middle name yelling.

As for medication administration, last night went rather smoothly. Izzy was doing her best to evade capture, but I prevailed. This morning was another story. Chasing her back and forth from one side of under the bed to the other at 6:45am is not my idea of fun play time. I did finally catch her, and it is apparent to me that she has been using her time alone during the day to perfect her drop-and-slink-kung-fu-karate-chops. Oh clever kitty, I underestimated you. Today's score: Izzy-1, Me-0. Chest puncture wounds-3, neck puncture wounds-2. Curse words said before 7:00am - 4. Considering purchasing a HazMat suit for remaining dose administrations.

Now, I realize that these are all opportunities for me to practice my patience. After all, I have been praying a lot lately for patience, because I was most definitely born without any. And of course I am not just going to wake up one morning and be the most patient person, but rather God is going to provide me with opportunities to be patient. However, if I may say so, coming home to my cat peeing in the corner of my floor and getting attacked every 12 hours is not my 1st choice. What about extra traffic on the way to work? That would work much better for me and is definitely less painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment