
What a fun weekend! Morgan and Bradley's wedding was an awesome good time, and it was so amazing to see how happy they were. Here's a rundown of the weekend festivities:
Friday night: cocktails and rehearsal dinner at the Marriott City Center. So much fun hanging out and catching up with my favorite girls. And all nine of us were there! The Notorious Nine, back in action! I still think it's pretty damn cool that we are still all close after 15 years. And why wouldn't we be? We are fabulous.
What was not fabulous was when we left, and went to get my car in the parking deck and the gate was closed. I could see my car 10 feet in front of me but could not get to it. Really started to think we were spending the night in Raleigh. And really started to think why the hell didn't I park in the two closer parking decks we passed walking to the city center. Anyway, after walking all the way back, and asking a nice valet for help, we figured out how to get to my car. Because it makes perfect sense to have to go in a different parking deck, walk underneath, and come into my parking deck. Silly me! Then, I decide to go home a different way than I came, because apparently I took us around our ass to get to our elbow when we were trying to come there. As soon as we get on 40, traffic is stopped. Not crawling, not inching, stopped. Apparently there was a wreck on the OTHER side that we on my side needed to be concerned enough about to stop our cars for 10 minutes. So much for my quicker way home.
Saturday: Wedding time! If you haven't seen the Edenton Street Church in downtown Raleigh, you should go sometime. It is gorgeous! Morgan looked beautiful, Bradley was captivated, it was a beautiful ceremony. Now on to the reception at the Capital City Club. Awesome band, awesome tortellini pasta (seriously wanted to lick the plate, but figured it was not the right atmosphere for that behavior), awesome fun times with my friends. Not so awesome was the pain that was walking by the end of the night. My shoes were fabulous and looked perfect with my dress. But after 2 hours they were hurting, and by the end of the night I was either barefoot or walking like a duck. Mostly walking like a duck.They are still protesting today.
Sunday: home sweet home! slightly hungover but mostly just tired. Babies are very glad to see me. My parents were awesome and went by the house Saturday night to give them their medicine, and unfortunately Dad was a victim of Gabby's kung-fu-karate-chops. I warned them about Izzy, not Gabby... well played Gabby, well played. Your secret is out, I am convinced you spend your days sharpening your claws. Anyway, they were glad to see me because I'm sure having two random people come into their house and shove medicine at them was a bit unsettling. Last night went pretty well for medication administration, I think because they missed me and it had been a while since I had given it to them. This morning however, another story. Gabby has learned how to inflict puncture wounds AND bruises. I look like I have a snake bite on my arm. Puncture wounds to the arm: 3, puncture wounds to the boob: 1 (and by the way, this hurts like hell even when the area is still numb from surgery). I screamed like a little girl.
Fun! I didn't know you had a blog! Sounds like you weren't having much luck with driving though! Love you!
ReplyDelete