Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Twilight and Beyond

This week is certainly an interesting week. I've spent the last 2 days thinking of what I can write about, and there hasn't been anything major that has happened. Crazy, right? This week is like the twilight zone! (Oh wait, is that because Eclipse came out this week?!? How perfect!) Which by the way, I'm going to see tonight ,and I'm super excited about it. Bring on the vampires and werewolves! And cute boys with no shirts on. That doesn't hurt either.

Well yesterday I went to Bed Bath and Beyond after work. I was really excited because A) I was in no rush and could browse the store in all of it's wonderful wonderfulness as long as I wanted, B) I had a list of things to look for but because of reason A knew that I would end up with even more spectacular goodies, and C) I always end up doing a mini-version of extreme makeover home edition when I walk through that store (I should re-do my bathroom in these fun zebra prints! I totally need a new comforter! There are thousands of things in this store that I could cricut! and so on...). I think the only thing better than Bed Bath and Beyond would be if it were inside a Super Target. I would call it Target and Beyond, and I would never leave... and I'm getting carried away, so I'll stop. Anyway, I start making my way around the store section by section, and I must say that their aisles are surprisingly narrow considering the size of their carts. I found it very hard to concentrate on something as insignificant as steering when I'm getting whiplash looking at things that say things like "Sale!" "Perfect for summer!" and my favorite, "As Seen On TV!" (I may or may not have knocked over a waist-high display of rugs). My wonderful shopping experience was rudely interrupted when I began being followed by Miss "I just like, graduated from high school and like, I'm totally like, psyched about college, like" and her Mom and little sister (who by the way could have robbed the place and taken off in her mom's car, and Mom would never have noticed). I even tried to change my shopping pattern, but inevitably she showed up in every section I was in, discussing the pros and cons of whether or not to purchase a broom or a swiffer, and did she want green towels or blue? Like, bite me. (ok, that was mean, I shouldn't have said that. But I did).

Annoying freshman or not, it was a successful trip. I got a new rug for inside my front door (no more scraggly piece of extra carpet! I's sophisticated now!) and a new bed for the kitties, among other things. The girls already have a bed in the living room that they love, so I got another one for my bedroom so they can sleep in that instead of a pile of clothes, on top of a suitcase, etc. Do they sleep in it? No. But they love laying on the rug. Figures!

No comments:

Post a Comment