Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend update


(more on this picture in a minute...)

Well another weekend has come and gone, and much too quickly. Friday night we went for a nice long evening boat ride, Saturday I got some cleaning done and then we went out for Max's birthday, and today was a nice (hot!) day at the lake to celebrate Father's Day. I got home this evening and have been working on schoolwork in preparation for Monday night class. In between facebook, Remember the Titans, and playing with the kitties, of course.

Now, back to the above picture. Oh how I love my sweet baby girls. Gabby is still such a sweetie-pie, and Izzy still loves me from a distance most of the time. They are such funny kitties. I am very entertained watching them chase each other and wrestle. Not so thrilled when they hang from the back of my leather couches by their claws, or run and climb up the back of my leather couches with their claws, or spring off of my leather couches and dig in their claws therefore scratching my leather couches with their claws. But, I've accepted it because it is inhumane to de-claw them. Anyway, you know that perception of cats and how delicate they are? How they can walk across a mantle, in between candle sticks, around picture frames, and never knock a single thing out of place? Yeah, my cats aren't like that. Maybe it is because they are still kittens, or maybe it is because they go bat shit crazy and destroy everything in their path.... yeah, I think it's the latter. They will come flying across the living room, jump on the couch, jump across the end table (knocking over every picture, coaster, and candle in their path, and sometimes the lamp is not so lucky either) and into the kitchen, claws screeching the whole way. Today I came home from church and when I opened the door, the door ran into something. It was a bar stool, flipped over and laying on the floor. Back in my bedroom, the entertainment center that holds my TV and stereo was a bit disheveled, with a drawer pulled out and DVDs strewn across the floor. I sigh, I curse, I shake my head, and I clean everything up, as usual. Then, I come down the hall and find them as you see in the picture. And it just makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment