Well, not really as the title implies, but almost. Maybe Gabby and Izzy were mistakenly fooled and thought I looked plenty rested already last night when I went to bed, because both of them disrupted my sleep. I had been asleep about an hour (right when you are really starting to sleep good, and start having small dreams, so that when you wake up you are completely confused and think it is already the next day) when Izzy started. I am pulled out of my happy sleepy place by the sound of her baby meows. She's coming down the hall to my room, crying the whole way. And she's carrying her favorite toy in her mouth, I can tell because 1- I hear the bell on the dang thing and 2- whenever she cries with that in her mouth it's like she overcompensates with volume to make sure the toy isn't blocking the sound whatsoever. All of this I can tell without even opening up my eyes. And I can't open my eyes, because then I'll "wake up" and won't be able to easily drift back to my happy sleepy place. "Knock it offffff" I mumble. I think she took this as "Ooo! Mom's awake!". Now she has dropped the toy. And bats it with her paw (ringaling). And again (ringaling). And again (ringaling). And again (ringaling). And "Knock it OFFFFF!!!" And now I feel like a jack ass. Because my loud semi-borderline yelling has scared her and she's run away down the hall. My guilt lasts only for a few minutes, long enough for me to fall back asleep. (As a side note, please explain to me why Izzy will let me sit there and brush her for 20 minutes, but if she's laying in the hallway and sees me coming towards her she runs away like I have kitty repellant on me or something? I think she totally holds a grudge. For the short time I had her before they got sick, she was a snuggly lap kitty. Then came the torture chamber with antibiotics and eye drops, and she had to bust out her ninja-like kung-fu karate chops on me. Things haven't been the same since.)
Anywho, then Gabby decides to get in on the action this morning. At 5:25am. Hellooooo I do not wake up when you can still count the hour of the time on one hand. And I was happily dreaming with visions of tailgates and football and NC State dancing through my head. I woke up because she was walking back and forth on me, wanting her snuggle time. I refused, seeing as how it was hella early, and rolled back over. She decided to get revenge. She plots I tell you! Suddenly everything on my nightstand was super interesting and worth pawing. So I roll over, pull her back on the bed (she's straddling the bed and nightstand at this point), tell her no, and settle back down. Well there she goes again. We repeat that same scenario 3 times, each time with me putting whatever she's trying to play with in the drawer (that she reaches and tries to open).She finally looks at me, meows, and jumps completely on the nightstand. Oh. No. She. Didn't. Well now I have to completely get up and get her down, and now I'm totally awake. At 5:40am. On Friday. Oh sweet Gabby girl, you are trying my patience.Then, when I was leaving for work, she wouldn't get off her lazy butt to come and get her treat. I had to take it to her. She totally holds grudges too.
Anywho, then Gabby decides to get in on the action this morning. At 5:25am. Hellooooo I do not wake up when you can still count the hour of the time on one hand. And I was happily dreaming with visions of tailgates and football and NC State dancing through my head. I woke up because she was walking back and forth on me, wanting her snuggle time. I refused, seeing as how it was hella early, and rolled back over. She decided to get revenge. She plots I tell you! Suddenly everything on my nightstand was super interesting and worth pawing. So I roll over, pull her back on the bed (she's straddling the bed and nightstand at this point), tell her no, and settle back down. Well there she goes again. We repeat that same scenario 3 times, each time with me putting whatever she's trying to play with in the drawer (that she reaches and tries to open).She finally looks at me, meows, and jumps completely on the nightstand. Oh. No. She. Didn't. Well now I have to completely get up and get her down, and now I'm totally awake. At 5:40am. On Friday. Oh sweet Gabby girl, you are trying my patience.Then, when I was leaving for work, she wouldn't get off her lazy butt to come and get her treat. I had to take it to her. She totally holds grudges too.
They aren't as innocent as they look.
No comments:
Post a Comment