I have realized a few things in the last week...
1 - Gabby is doing her best to get on my list. And if you don't know what I mean by list, you are supposed to insert a word in front of the word list (trust me, it's not good). Her new habit is to wake me up in the mornings. Aww, how sweet! you might say. Well, let me tell you that by 'morning' I mean 5am when it is still dark outside and well before my alarm even thinks about uttering a sound. It started last week and has continued this week (she skipped the weekend, imagine that). And it's hard for me to get mad at her because she really is such a sweetie-pie. But she's a stubborn sweetie-pie and I do not enjoy being woken up that early no matter who is doing the waking. Two days in a row it was 5:27am when she woke me up. I'm all for matchy-matchy as we know, but that was a bit ridiculous. Usually it is somewhere in between 5:15 and 5:45, although this morning was 4:05 and that was super awesome. She walks around the bed, meowing, purring, swatting at my feet with her claws. She tries to knock stuff off my nightstand, and no number of tail pulls or tossing (lovingly of course) to the other side of the bed will make her stop. Now she's started playing with the blinds as an alternative to the nightstand. Luckily none of my neighbors are up at that hour or else they might think I'm sending distress signals. After a few minutes of this oh-so-fun back and forth, Izzy will jump on the bed ready to play, because obviously it is play time. Argh! Sleeping with the door shut is not an option because a) I live my myself and would like to be able to see a killer coming down the hall to kill me, and b) I can't even go in the bathroom and shut the door without meowing, pawing under the door, and scratching for the doorknob going on outside the door (seriously? there is no escape hatch in here. I'm coming back).
2 - I so totally rock at playing the Wii. Against adults that is. Last Friday night we played at Ashley's house and I totally schooled Steve in baseball. Can't handle my fast pitch can ya?! Thanks for playing! Buh-bye.
3 - I'm not so good at Wii tennis. Steve totally beat me.
4 - Today is the first day my arm feels normal after said Wii competition. I would say I just need to get in better shape, but the reality is that I just need to calm down and not be so competitive. But hello! You're not gonna strike me out. Swing batta batta swing!
5 - Last night in dance class, one of my students said to me "Can we listen to something from our century?" My shocked facial expression (yeah, let's go with shocked... I wasn't outraged at all...) must have shown her that she had said the wrong thing, because when I asked her what she said, she replied "Nothing! Nothing!" I mean, I was totally rocking out some old school Mariah Carey (Someday, Emotions). This was back before that awful movie Glitter and before she waving her hand up and down every time she sang a note. This was good stuff! Ashley and I wore that cassette tape OUT. Wait, did I just date myself?
6 - My memory is the next thing to go now that I've turned twenty-*cough*. Actually, I may have already written about that but of course I wouldn't remember. I took my work laptop home over the weekend, which I've done many times before. Well on Monday I got about 10 minutes away from work when I remembered where it was: on my couch. At home. 30 miles away. I was so ticked and it was certainly no way to start off a Monday, having to drive to work twice.
7 - Top Chef has a new spin off show, called Top Chef Just Desserts. This is just cruel punishment, because it comes on at 10pm. Now I want to eat 5lbs of chocolate and sugar when it's time to go to bed. Awesome.
8 - On a positive note, this weekend should be a fun one. Tomorrow night is the drill team reunion at the Person Rockets football game. Since I'm obviously not getting any younger, I thought it would be fun to re-live my kickline head-popping glory days. And I must say, we're really good. Watch out, I think the "old" members might outshine the current ones!
Just so you know... I've also left my work laptop at home only to realize it as I'm pulling in the Circuit Lot! Driving to work twice in one day is morbid!!!!
ReplyDelete