Bed Bath and Beyond is another one of those stores that is like crack for me. As soon as you walk in, there are displays full of “As Seen on TV” products, which I am a sucker for because of my love for infomercials. I managed to pass this area without putting anything in my cart, and proceeded to get the three things I went in there to get. Still, I had to make one trip around the entire store, just so I could plan on how I would remodel my kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. I thought I was doing pretty good when I headed for the checkout, seeing as how I only had the things in my cart that I had planned on buying. Right next to the checkout was a bin full of pet beds. This was trouble. I had to stick to my plan of only buying what I went in to get. But, this would totally save me a trip to PetSmart, and they were only $10, and I had been meaning to get one for the girls, and who am I kidding I can rationalize anything which is why the pet bed ended up in my cart. Now, did either one of the girls set foot in it? No. Even though I put it in front of the fireplace where they always lay? No. They lay beside it. As if to say “ha! No thanks”. Even though they had been laying on towels in front of the fireplace for the last week? No. After two nights of this I decided this morning that I would be taking it back.
In other news, when I got home from work today I decided it was time to try to get Izzy wearing her collar. Five minutes after I put it on her, I find her batting it across the floor in the foyer. Not sure how she outsmarted me, but you can bet my mission for the next week is going to be getting her to wear that collar.
I went for a walk after work because it was so nice outside. I was feeling great, getting some exercise, jamming out to my ipod… and then the attack began. Did you know that in addition to super gigantic moths we also have kamikaze gnats in my neighborhood? Oh yes, it’s true. I’m guessing they were watching and waiting for me until I reached the end of the road, planning their attack. For the next 20 minutes they were divebombing my head (hence the kamikaze part) and one very brave super gnat even tried to get my ipod earpiece out of my ear (which only resulted in me smacking the crap out of myself). Next time I go walking I’m going to take a fly swatter with me, so I can at least get a tae-bo-esque workout while I’m walking.
No comments:
Post a Comment