I don't like critters. Whether they scurry, fly, buzz, or hop, I'm generally not a fan. Well, let me clarify: I am not a fan when they are in my house. I knew it was coming because the weather is getting warmer. Last week it was a spider in my garage, and last night it was a GI-NORMOUS moth in my living room. Not quite sure how he got in, but judging from his size he probably opened the door himself and walked in. I mean this thing was either on steroids or related to Mighty Mouse. I guess we grow 'em big in my neck of the woods (how's that for sounding like a country hick?). Anyway, of course he flew straight to the lamp on the end table, and immediately captured the attention of my two little stalkers. They were on the table and climbing the lamp in a second. Pictures flying, coasters hitting the floor, the lamp was almost a goner but I managed to catch that. I let them have their fun and stalk Mr. Moth (his sheer size grants him the courtesy of Mr.) for a while but then I was in fear for my living room. Luckily Izzy performed a kung-fu-karate-chop wrestling move and had him pinned long enough for me get rid of him. They spent the next hour wandering around the living room, up and down on the furniture, scanning the ceiling looking for their friend.
This morning, I woke up to a slight buzzing sound (not my alarm) and a tap, tap, tap.... opened my eyes and there is a wasp (A WASP) drunk and disorderly and in my bedside lamp. Nope, didn't need the snooze button today that's for sure! Gabby noticed waspy right after I did, and I managed to grab her tail before she could jump on the table and completely destroy everything on it. After some careful planning and decision making (did I really want to start my day picking a fight with something that could sting me?), I decided I had to try and kill waspy. Otherwise I would be worried all day that the girls were chasing it through the house, destroying everything in their path, and possibly getting stung. Standing on my bed, I somehow managed to knock waspy across the room A-Rod style with my shoe. Bam! Critters:0, me:2.
Oh, and I did have my first go-cart experience with Sam yesterday. It was really fun! There was only one moment where my life flashed before my eyes. It was when we were flying down the hill (no really, flying, because he was flooring it and it was pretty bumpy so we were catching some serious air) and I realize: Sam has on a helmet and a seat belt. Aunt Kelly does not have a helmet or a seat belt. Who's idea was this anyway?? (insert scream) (insert quick prayer to God that Sam can reach the brake) (quick clarification to prayer to God that Sam can reach the brake AND also remember to hit the brakes in time).
He did. And it was fun. :-)
Looking forward to a wonderful Easter weekend with family, remembering the sacrifice He made for all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment