Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend and Such

What a great Easter weekend! Meals with family and friends, church, egg hunts, you name it we had it! I think the highlight was watching Sam take everyone for rides on his go-cart Saturday afternoon. It's always fun for me in situations like that to keep a running commentary going in my head, what I imagine they are saying/thinking while this is happening. For instance, when Sam took Aunt Kathryn for a ride, he would drive 10 feet and stop... drive 10 feet and stop... and then they stopped for about a minute, my guess is to have the following conversation:

Kathryn: Sam, don't go so fast
Sam: I'm not even going fast yet, you keep stopping me
Kathryn: Well I don't want to see how fast this will go
Sam: (who has a huge helmet on, and probably can't hear because of this and the motor running) You want to see how fast it can go? OK! zooooooom

It certainly kept me entertained, that's for sure! I tried to get him to take me for another ride, but he informed me that he already took me 2 days ago. Well, 'scuuuuse me! Oh, and some pretty exciting news over the weekend: my cousin is engaged (yay!), and one of my best friends is pregnant again (yay!)! I am beyond excited for them. And somewhat depressed as I am reminded again how far behind I am in this race of life (read: find a husband and have babies). But, I decided to give myself a pep-talk. I said Self, you are no good at pep talks. Eat some chocolate.

Yesterday it was back to the grind, and for once a Monday was not a terrible day. Plus this week I don't have dance, so I actually go to go home after work. I rarely see my house/yard in the evening light, and it is quite nice! I went to Costco yesterday after work, and good grief that place is like crack for people like me (people that go into any store and immediately see millions of potential projects: a self proclaimed DIY-er; in addition to being slightly self-diagnosed OCD). First of all, they have out all of the outdoor furniture and upon seeing it I am convinced I am like one of those people on Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I totally need that for my deck! That would look awesome in my backyard! I can SO install my own patio and goldfish fountain! Moving along, I see the gourmet cheeses, meats, etc. towards the back and convince myself I am someone on the Food Network. I can cook something like that! I can have fun dinner parties, never mind the fact that I'm never home for dinner! I would totally cook salmon at home! Moving on again, there is a man doing a demo for some sort of blender. As I am looking at these people who I am totally judging as pathetic for standing in the middle of Costco watching a live infomercial, I am sucked in by my inability to resist infomercials (live or otherwise) (the magic bullet commercial is my fav!) and 10 minutes later I am convinced I need this blender so that I can make guacamole, pineapple, and banana smoothies too. Never mind the fact that I don't even like guacamole. See, Costco is dangerous for people like me. Did I leave feeling empowered like someone on a home makeover show or food network? No, I left just a little more broke than I was when I went in there. $90 later and the biggest things I have to show for it are a 40lb bag of cat litter and 30 rolls of toilet paper. Coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment